The Standard of our Information
As a certified member of The Information Standard we can confidently say that we are a reliable and trustworthy source of health information. The Information Standard is an independent certification scheme for health and social care information which was developed by, and is supported by, the Department of Health.
By meeting this standard we have successfully demonstrated that
- we have appropriate and documented information management
- we use adequate systems and methods for producing information;
- we have clear aims about the information we provide;
- we understand and meet the needs of our audiences;
- we make correct use of sources of evidence;
- we make any conflicts of interest clear;
- we have effective planning and management skills and resources;
- we have internal monitoring procedures and will amend any information not meeting the standard.
All our leaflets and posters can be downloaded free of charge. If you would like large quantities of printed leaflets for distribution, please contact us. We welcome enquiries for larger quantities for individuals or organisations to distribute or use.
Wallet sized cards providing H&S information for employees; contact us if you would like some of these.
LDA produces quarterly newsletters. If you would like to join the mailing list, contact our press officer – see contact us. Previous newsletters can be downloaded here. All are in PDF format and about 130KB in size.