Click the links below to contact us.
Please note that we cannot provide individual diagnostic support. Please use the self help page or the search box (top right) to find out about testing, treatment etc.
For leaflet requests.
For conference questions.
For help with donations.
For help with fundraising and sponsorship.
For media and press enquiries.
For shop enquiries.
For lobby questions.
For website problems, requests and feedback.
For health professionals’ requests for information
For general feedback and all other charity questions.
We aim to respond to every enquiry. On occasion, we find our responses do not get through. If you don’t hear from us within a couple of days, then please try again. If you still don’t hear from us, please check your spam filter settings, and add our email address to the list of allowed addresses. (see below)
If you have any difficulty then please give us a postal address, telephone number or alternative email address where we can contact you.
(These email addresses will be changed periodically, to avoid spam. Please check this page for the latest email addresses.)
Add us to your white list or “safe list”
Because of the growing problem of unsolicited and unwanted commercial emails, many web mail services (i.e. Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) and email applications (i.e. Outlook 2003/2007, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.) have taken measures to automatically filter emails. This can happen to emails from us. We suggest that you add our addresses to your whitelist or safe list – the list of email addresses you want to receive from.
Here are some instructions for Hotmail and Yahoo. If you use another provider or these don’t work please check with your provider or the web for instructions on whitelisting.
You may need to add the LDA email address you are using to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
- Select the “Safe List” link (2nd from bottom).
- Copy and paste the LDA email address you are using into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our mailing into your inbox:
Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Update the “From headerUpdate the “From header:” rule with the following 2 pieces of information: “contains” and ‘lymediseaseaction.org.uk’. This essentially allows the mail server to identify our mailing based on the email From address.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.Add Filter button.