2018 LDA Conference
Pre-conference dinner: Friday 31st August
Conference: Saturday 1st September
Venue: Streatham Court, University of Exeter
Life after NICE
Come and join us for a stimulating day of information, discussion and networking on one of the most delightful campuses in the UK.
Draft programme currently includes presentations on:
- Testing – we will welcome Mariska Leeflang from the Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, who will explain the difficulties of assessing the usefulness of blood tests
- Borrelia – Barbara Tschirren, University of Exeter will talk on the range expansions of ticks and Borrelia in a warming world
- The Spotlight Project – Anne Cruikshank will update us on aims and progress of this RCGP project raising awareness in Primary Care
- The Explore Project – LDA has been conducting a small research project on Lyme disease testing with some interesting results
- T cell tests – Tamara van Gorkom, the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, The Netherlands. How useful is this technique?
- Primary Care records – John Tulloch will explain the difficulties of using GP records to get a better estimate of the incidence of Lyme disease
Accommodation for Friday and Saturday nights is direct through Exeter University – we shall issue you with a discount code when you book your delegate place.
We shall meet for an evening meal on the Friday night before the conference and many stay on for a convivial dinner in the city on the Saturday night after the conference, so there is plenty of time for networking.
Download a PDF of full details of the venue, pricing, accommodation, travel directions, payment methods etc.
A map of the Exeter University campus is also available, showing the relevant buildings and routes.
If you have any queries, contact us via the Conference Team email address.