Sometimes there are items on-line or in the press that you wonder about – could this be true? Might it help me? Here are some comments on a few of the questions we are asked.
If you are concerned about recent publicity on Tick Borne Encephalitis Virus, see our news item.
If you have other topics you would like to know about, please Contact Us.
- Estrada-Peña A et al. An updated meta-analysis of the distribution and prevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi s.l. in ticks in Europe. Int J Health Geogr. 2018;17(1):1–16.
- Lindgren E, Jaenson T. Lyme borreliosis in Europe : influences of climate and climate change, epidemiology, ecology and adaption measures. World Health Organisation. 2006;EUR/04/504.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Lyme Disease: Diagnosis and Management [M] Evidence Review for Person-to-Person Transmission NICE Guideline 95 April 2018
- Baarsma, M E, et al. 2022. “Diagnostic Parameters of Cellular Tests for Lyme Borreliosis in Europe (VICTORY Study): A Case-Control Study.” The Lancet. Infectious Diseases, June.
- Lyme disease: sample testing advice – GOV.UK. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/lyme-disease-sample-testing-advice. Accessed March 4, 2021.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Accreditation Process Manual.; 2014.
- Certification body accreditation – UKAS. Accessed April 8, 2021.
- Cancer Research UK – Rife Machines. Accessed March 4, 2021.
- British National Formulary. Accessed 17 March 2021
- Gao J et al. “Repurposing” Disulfiram in the Treatment of Lyme Disease and Babesiosis: Retrospective Review of First 3 Years’ Experience in One Medical Practice. Antibiotics 2020 Dec 4;9(12):868.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Disulfiram: A Test of Symptom Reduction Among Patients With Previously Treated Lyme Disease -https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03891667.
- Versus Arthritis Complementary and Alternative Medicines for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia.; 2012.